View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 05:15 PM   #47
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
yeah i'm over new cars, i mean it was cool to have a new car but it's totally a buzzkill when it comes down to getting mods for it and tinkering with them, smog laws more strict.

Tri-cats and shit like that... BOOOOOO!!!!

I do my part and recycle and i'm green to balance out the pollution my non egr, non cat having death trap ozone layer depleting car produce lol.

Anyway enough chatting for now, I got a box of goodies from FRSport that just arrived at the house, and I got some shit to do tonight...

Engine
-replace spark plugs
-replace front and rear main seals
-add circuit sports intake manifold gasket (because my sr was not running one period)
-add 7 layer s15 exhaust gasket (because my sr was not running a gasket here period)
-add chain tensioner gasket (have oil spatter on the front of my engine looks like thats where it's coming from)
-got some circuit sport pulleys for the car. Would've gotten Greddy but since i'm stripping them down and getting them re-coated I didn't want to ruin them.
-got a sweet d1 hks oil cap for my valve cover which will match my car's color scheme. (now to order colored vacuum hoses) HAHA J/K
- mount shortblock in car when done so I can measure the engine harness wires to see where I need to cut so I don't end up with 3ft of ECU wires I do not need, plot out the wires.
- Re-pin junctioned wires and get measurements for heat sleeving i'll need for the maf since im going to run that around the engine like in the diagram I posted earlier but I will bolt it to the frame rail.

Transmission
- replace throw out bearing
- degrease that bitch and brush it down
- switch out the speed sensor with my KA speed sensor, not that I think this matters since I'm going to run a stack cluster and you can program it to read km/h or mph. Neither bother me as my old car had km/h on it's display.

Electrical
- Stare at my engine harness some more, and cry.

Stay tuned for the next batch of updates this weekend.

<3