Old 02-01-2009, 01:11 PM   #164
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
4x4le is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 4x4le Send a message via Yahoo to 4x4le
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
You are trying to run a boosted engine at14.7 afr?
no...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
If your k-value is set such that you get the correct AFR at idle, but not in boost, then your injector lag time is incorrect.

Do everything right where your fuel map is actually a target AFR map and it makes tuning very easy. Just fiddling with crap and getting it where it "kinda hits the right AFR here and there" is pointless when you have a nice MAF system that will give you your target AFRs anywhere you go in the map. The factory does that same crap where the AFR is all over the place and it looks like they just point tuned a few places resulting in a really lumpy fuel map and thus fuel delivery. Don't even get me started on their horrible timing maps...
With un metered air entering into the system there is no need to adjust your k value or latency past what you do when setting it up as a closed system. The k value, latnecy and vq scale are there for your injectors and maf sizes.
Not for making other changes with other air thats entering the system. Thats when you just have to or at least should chalk it up and accept your targets to be off a little.
Now Im not talking that im ever off by much if any when doing gas tunes, but on my personal race car with it running off e-85 there are way different characteristics of that fuel such as flow, the actual stoich mixture being different, the vaporisation of it, ect that makes several things not read out the same as gas does on gas tuning software.

Just remember all the little math figures that were done and figured out for you on the targest is assuming your using gas flowing through the injector at that pulsewidth, not alchoal.

anyways im not in here to argue about tuning or to explain myself, lets see some pictures!!!!!!!!!!!
I know the baffeling sounds easy enough but I want to see a picture before taking the drill and welder to my valvecover.
4x4le is offline   Reply With Quote