View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 02:50 PM   #15
mrflip69
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
mrflip69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
But honestly if S30 chassis owners can do a vq swap with all the factory wiring, are we just that dumb and lazy?
YES!

hahaha.

I've been following those S30 builds on hybridz too... sick shit. You see the one where the dude swapped in the 350z interior too? He kept it working with stock electronics... auto too heh. Engine sits behind the front axles too, IIRC.

So many engines can be swapped and legal, but majority of S-chassis owners choose not to do so because KA-T, SR, CA, RB.... they're just that much easier to put in and be done with. And again... lazy more than dumb.

I've been entertaining the idea of a smog legal swap for a while. 2JZ and VG30 are some possibilities, as are any LSx series.

It's fucking stupid because quite a number of Rx-7, Honda, and Datsun guys have done it legit (engine swaps). I'm probably going to look for some help from the hybridz guys to get a VQ in. It doesn't look like the vqswap guys can do stock electronics, and they've had a couple complaints in the customer service dept.

If you're going to do this, hopefully you can keep the stock hood--or just have the hood bracing trimmed. I saw another VQ swapped in an S13 and the guy had a blower sticking out of his hood.

What's the difference between a FWD and RWD block, in terms of putting power down (dyno)?
mrflip69 is offline   Reply With Quote