View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 11:49 AM   #12
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
I DID read it, but was wondering I thought high port is better no? But since your are mating a S14 IM to a S14 head, why not just go all S14 since the Valve cover is going to change to S14 valve cover as well....
The point of the thread is more the interchangability of the blocks. You could build an s13 block and throw an s14 or s13 head on it.

Most people are afraid of building high hp applications with the s14 because they don't want to deal with the variable cam timing shit, or at least this is what I've found from research.

Where as most high hp cars pushing 530hp and what not are using red top motors because of the older design without the gas efficiency design. that's all VTC is, gets you more gas mileage.

the port design and such I don't recall where I found the information but like I said combustion and moves air more efficiently. Most sr20det's headwork improvements don't come from making the combustion chambers bigger, it comes from polishing, and modifying bowls and other head terms I cant remember.

Should be interesting to see how the s14 head behaves with s13 cams in it.