View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 08:22 PM   #23
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (60)
garagelu is on a distinguished road
Today I got my head back from decking and solvent washing. It always puts a smile on your face when you have clean parts coming back to you. Next will be installing valve seals, valve springs, etc, etc and then I will be pretty damn close to installing it on the block.

Today I also got my JWT C1 cams and valve springs in. I wasn't planning on changing cams but I have wanting some JWT cams but just couldn't bring myself to pay the 600 dollar price tag. But I finally found an incredible deal on them and therefore I couldn't pass it up. C1 cams have pretty much the same duration and lift as the BC stage 2 cams but as you should be able to tell from the pictures the overall design is COMPLETELY different. The BC cam lobe looks to be wider than the JWT lobe. I initially tried to take the picture with it light on the lobe but I found that taking a picture of the shadow differentiates the two much better.

BC Stage 2

JWT C1

Also here is a comparison of JWT(left), BC(center), stock(right) valve springs. My first observation was the fact that the JWT spring is overall wider than the BC and stock springs. I guess you could say the coil width is wider on the JWT as you can see from the picture taken of the top of the springs. But on the side view picture, you can see that the BC coils are taller. Also, you can see that JWT spring is wound counterclockwise and the BC and stock spring are wound clockwise. And finall you will see that the JWT spring sits a couple mm shorter than the other two springs. I'd like some input on why this is and what difference it will make. OH and also just buy using my hand to compress the spring, the BC spring has quite a bit more tension that the JWT. BC springs have to be one of the stiffest sr springs on the market.

Last edited by garagelu; 03-02-2009 at 08:59 PM..
garagelu is offline   Reply With Quote