View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 11:25 PM   #6
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by miracosta View Post
hey guys finally bought a zenki in which i plan to convert to kouki and REALLY CLEAN anyways i have a few questions about it.
1.What fluids do I need to change to get it in tip top shape?
2.Theres a clunk when i shift at low rps-seller and my friend said transmission fluid, is this right?
3.the ka24de completely stock car when i first start it, it doesnt sound like a mean engine at all....it sounds really low..is this just my car or what?(other zenki/koukis ive test drove had a meaner start up.
4.Brakes are pretty bad, isnt there like a z32 swap or something i can thats pretty popular?
5.What gas is best to fill up with for a STOCK zenki? 6.Is it worth putting really good oils for ex sr's in the KA24de like amsoil, german castrol, or can i get away with mobile 1?
Other than that compared to the celica, im already in love with the RWD....cant wait to build it!
1. what s14db said

2. besides subframe could be that you need your diff oils changed

3. stock 240sx's have resonator boxes before the intake, take it off it makes the car louder or meaner as you put it

4. the oem brakes are fine for a stock motor just get new rotors and some good pads z32 if you have cash to blow but i'd put it elsewhere first like maintenance and tires

5. gas? stock ka 87 will do just fine for driving around premium if you're gonna beat on it

6. theres a couple threads on amsoil its one of the best i suppose but yeah motor oil is motor oil who gives a shit. mobil 1 will be fine you can get away with non synthetic too if you're not in a cold area. it comes out in 3k miles anyways i'd say splurge on amsoil for the transmission and diff since that will be in there longer

love rwd now? get a LSD then tell me how much you really love it

VLSD doesn't count since its probably already worn out

also try and get it on a lift and inspect the under body for rust or exhaust leaks
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote