View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #37
boske
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
boske is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverBoost View Post
All hubs are NOT created equal. The cheap no-name sets on eBay are usually made from a milder, cheap steal being used in China to create all sorts of CHEAP metal products. The Ichiba hubs are quality because they are made of a higher quality and stronger metal. Yes they cost a bit more, but I know from several good sources that they are the real deal, they also use OEM bearings. Do some more research on them.

Also, the bearings used in the ebay cheap hubs are NOT very good quality. They do not use OEM bearings. Do you REALLY want to skimp on one of the most important parts of your car?? A part that is critical to keeping the wheels of your car safely connected to the rest or your vehicle. This is not a place to try and save a few bucks. Imagine going around a corner one day and the hub and bearing fail on you. You will wreck your car and it will not be pretty.

Your best bet would be to get used Nissan hubs from an S14/Z32 and getting new OEM bearings pressed in.

In the end, it's your car and you can do whatever you want. But you will probably learn the hard way that there are certain parts on a car you can cheap out on, but this is not one of them.
What source are you getting this info from? If you do a little search on zilvia you'll find lots of people complaining about the ichiba bearings going bad or being bad out of the box. My car has been sitting since I installed mine so I can't comment on the quality, they seemed alright to me. From looking at pictures, the ebay hubs look identicle, they also have the same product discription. I'm willing to bet the difference is the nice red box they stick the Ichiba hubs into. I really didn't plan on having issues with brand new hubs, my factory 20 year old bearings with 220k miles were in great shape. I probably should have held onto them, I could use the bearings when my new ones are shot...
boske is offline   Reply With Quote