View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 07:33 AM   #936
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Allen Burge View Post
Thanks but I already have 245's in the rear like you but I have them on a 17x8 wheel....if I had 9" wheels like yours I would certainly want to be running a wider tire on it like a 255 atleast. I'm not going to spend a lot of money on upgrading to a 9" wide rear wheel only to run the same size tire that I all ready have! (which it looks like by your pics I'd have to do just that w/o it sticking way out).

Bottom line, I guess what I really want is a 275 tire on the rear w/stock camber and no more then a rolled lip on the fender. And I want to do it on a <$200 per wheel budget!

So, my quest is now on to find a wheel that will fit those goals..

Fred
I see your point now. You aren't neccessarily(sp?) going for super flush/pulled fenders. You just want to put wider tires w/maybe a roll.(?) The mb's that I refered to earlier come in 17x9 +27, and if my questionable understanding of tire sizing is correct, the 255's you want to run would be 10mm wider than the 245's, and since the weapons come in a +27 also they would be sunk in 10mm more, effectively giving you the same stance/fitment that I have now. Keep in mind, my camber in the rear is just the result of lowering the car. I have no adjustable arms (rucas) in the rear, so if you have that, then it will allow you to run an even wider tire in the rear. Also, my I run a 45 series tire in the back, so that also plays into the fitment, somewhat.
BTW 17x9 +27 510.00 shipped(shipping is free):
Session Timeout - Discount Tire Direct

Quote:
America... Too soft to place a killer in a well deserved tomb, But brave enough to kill a baby before he leaves the womb
DrtyRat is offline   Reply With Quote