View Single Post
Old 03-17-2002, 01:58 PM   #24
crazycuban
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
crazycuban is an unknown quantity at this point
Who me, the S14 definately doesn't have a 400 lb weight disadvantage...hopefully you typed it wrong, but the S13 weighs around 2650, and the S14 2750.

And as far as people being happy with their hp, Ace is definately right...after putting in my SR, and having to deal with all this new power, I was pretty damn scared by it.  Now I'm looking at injectors and turbos...and its only been about 3 weeks.  Its just too damn easy to say "okay, I'll just leave it there"...

And I still don't get why the SR's aluminum is a disadvantage to the KA's iron block - the strength of the block only matters in high horsepower/boost situations, and the SR has been pushed much higher than the KA...sure, the sleeves have to be switched out on the SR, but the entire bottom end of the KA has to be switched out at lower hp levels than the SR.

Anyways, it pisses me off too when people call the KA a "truck engine"...hell, the B-series Honda engine is used in the CRV, but I've never heard that called a truck engine.  It's just all relative...I talk to Honda oriented people about my dyno charts, and they remark on how torquey my engine is...the KA has even more torque than mine...import enthusiasts are just used to not having torque - for the most part, only American cars and import trucks are seen as having torque.  

mmmmmmmm...L28...