View Single Post
Old 07-03-2003, 08:04 AM   #2
240 2NR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
240 2NR is an unknown quantity at this point
Huh, no replies?

Well I thought this would have generated a bigger buzz.

I thought I would add that in the picture it looks like the MC is completely removed from the brake booster. If you just loosen the two nuts, there's enough flex in the hard lines that you can pull the MC away from the BB 2-3 inches, which is tight to work with, but just enough, without having to remove any lines and then bleed everything and then find out it needs to be a adjusted again (my worry before starting). I just unclipped the first two clips on the firewall and gained an extra inch or so, which was enough to work with. A shop light will help tremendously (as will not driving the car for an hour prior to trying this so the exhaust manifold just inches away is blazing hot while you work, ). Seriously, I always thaought there was more involved in adjusting this, but it was very easy and should be a lot more clear once the MC is loose and you can see the piston I'm talking about. If it still looks too hard for ya, just tighten down the two nuts on the MC and you're right back where you started.

If I knew about this 2 years ago it would have been the first thing I did on my car.