View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 10:26 PM   #9
FrankDukes
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
FrankDukes is an unknown quantity at this point
Went to check out the car today, it was okay.

Cons:
1. No power steering
2. No A/C
3. Wiring Splicing wasn't too great. There is a few wiring issues such as a bad Starter cable that was kinda mickey moused.
4. The headlights don't work because the wiring/ relay/ fuse or something isn't functioning properly. The turn signals will stay on if the headlights are on or something of that matter.
5. Exhaust leak, You can hear the excess air puffing.
6. Kinda rusted, the hatch is rusted a tad bit, A pillar has a lemon sized rust spot.
7. Front Bumper (Fiberglass) broken fixed Via Zip tied.
8. Idles way off. I think at 1200 RPM or more. Car Idle Fluctuates a bit.

Pros:
1. Overall, the car spools up nicely, the blowoff is functional and nice sounding, the boost is still good.
2. Good Suspension
3. Freebies
4. Come with power steering pump/ (In the back seat/not installed)
5. Good Turbo + Good Intercooler
6. Quiet

***It was kinda weird, the Owner didn't allow us to test drive the car and only took us for a spin*** He said that it was due to "Liability" but the car is insured as well as me and my buddies were too.

It was kinda weird not being able to Test Drive a car that me and my buddy are going to drop $3,500 on.

From the passenger seat, getting a ride, it was okay to good, but I can't really have an opinion not being able to test driver her. I think the car is worth the money, it has some good mods and the owner will include a few freebies as well. There are a few minor issues, but nothing catastrophic. In addition, the seller said he has a friend that just blew up his RX7 and would want to buy the car on Monday anyway, and he has first dibs...and he would reconsider our offer and let us know on Monday. We understood that, and we understand the car buying process. Much respect to the seller for giving up his time to let us come check it out. =)

This is an honest and unbiased review, I am just sharing what I experienced. So fellow Zilvians have a better idea.

If it is still available in due time, we will pick her up.

Last edited by FrankDukes; 05-02-2009 at 10:46 PM..