View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #30
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Hrm, it's wierd there was an actual police officer (a sergeant, no less) answering 911 calls. I'm sure Lincoln Park (chicago?) isn't a huge city . . . but to have a ranking officer on desk duty answering emergency calls?

The California counties that I've worked in have dedicated 911 operators who are not police, but instead are trained solely in how to take an emergency call, dispatch the appropriate response, and record as much detail as possible for future retrieval. It should have been obvious that anything said would be kept on the databanks and pulled out for examination.

They say the sergeant was a 20-year vet, but I wonder if he was even trained at dispatch.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote