View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 02:06 PM   #611
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
posted up in the running rich thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTrx7Pete View Post
Right, but Zenki's have a rectangular plug. Chuki and Kouki both had oval MAF plugs. The crossover year, Chuki, ran a WC Ecu with a "kouki-style" MAF.

The Kouki SR20 uses an NA ecu with an oval MAF plug...

How were you able to plug up an Oval connector to the Rectangular MAF? Or is this just some confusion on my part?
Confusion, granted this is an old thread....

I will simply say. No they are not the same.

image borrowed from frsport. This is the water temp sensor from the s14 sr20 and the ka24de motors.

It requires a two pin plug with a push removal tab. I pulled one off of my ka24de harness and just changed it since the stupid sr connector needs one of those metal paper clip things to hold it on, it comes loose easy.

Testing it today reveals both the gauge sender temp wire is getting voltage, and the ecu temp sensor is also getting voltage and modulates as well so the ecu does see the engine temps.

oh.

This is the s13 sr20det one, and also ka24d

Sounds like the poster ended up buying this one instead.

I am having this problem as well, I suspect a vacuum leak somewhere, but not entirely sure.

I replaced a coil pack that was cracked, apparently that was not the problem, car is sparking fine, fuel delivery may be the issue but I had removed the injectors before from the intake manifold to clean it, and none of the o-rings were damaged.

timing is set perfectly.

The car idles fine at 800rpm, after revving it a few times it chills at 200 and slowly brings itself back up to 800rpm.

I don't think my IACV is the problem at all, but measuring voltage on my tps, I notice it did not change AT ALL.

I don't recall what it was, but having it probed, and then cranking the throttle the voltage did not change at all, but the wires are not shorted. I've tested them for continuity from the circuit board to the harness plug.

And again I got voltage, but it did not change.

My sr20 for some odd reason has a ka24de throttle body.

=/
I decided to take the car out for a spin.

I pulled out of my culdesac, and as soon as I did a cop car pulled out of the one I was headed to lol.

Mind you i'm coming at him looking like this.

and I round out the culdesac, he's parked waiting for me hahaha. So he follows me home because my car doesn't have any license plates on it. It's blowing black smoke through the exhaust pipe (that isn't even connected cause the cat is still not here.) and backfiring.

So he asks me if the car is registered?

I say. Yes, well, it's non op, been sitting in the garage for months.

He goes "oh, so you're just testing it, that's what I thought, cool have a nice one."

and takes off.

LOL I didn't even have my license on me, luckily the papers and plates are in the car's trunk.

So I'm stumped.

I think I'm going to try putting on the tps on my ka24de on this motor. But the more I think about it, I don't think I have a spare ka24de throttle body. I think I gave it to Luizgonz little brother a few months ago. *crosses fingers* lol.

I'll probably put the side skirts on and clean my garage and call it a day. Don't feel like doing anything else to the car really until I get some gas and a cat on this thing.

peace.