View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 03:26 PM   #26
FrankDukes
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
FrankDukes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevelvet View Post

Initially i wanted to do a RB26 but then i figured it would be a pain in teh butt to do..

and in the end i figured why not build a KA... i feel that SR's have become the staple swap for 240's and i wanted to bust out with something different or not as common atleast..

LOL. Everyone was a noob once and we all wanted the RB26dett. Then as we all became more educated and just learned about our cars and life, we figured that it's a dream build.

I think that you should make reachable dreams.
The first thing that you need to do is to find a clean 240sx.
I think now a days the odds of finding a clean and virgin 240sx for a good price is as hard as trying to do a RB26dett.

There are so many variables that are against you my friend.

Variables:
1. Clean 240sx for a good price
2. Money for an Engine.
3. The know-how to do it
4. The assistance of doing the wiring and TUNE
5. Machine shops that knows what they are doing
6. Money.
7. Time
8. Money
9. Time
10. Money
11. Time
12 And finally, Money and Time.

It would take you about 1-2-3-4 years to do this KA 500hp and assuming you work on it every day. It takes weeks to machine parts, it takes weeks to order parts, it takes weeks to get money, it takes months to do research, it takes months to tune, it takes years of working on cars and a lifetime of know-how.

So again as many people suggested, GET a 240sx first.

And please use my advice. Get a 240sx, get that car to run perfectly, once you mastered that, you can move on.

**Even the best mechanics, the best tech heads, sometimes can't even get a KA to idle properly, so if you can get the car to idle at 750 (+/- 20) and have the timing at 20* BTDC and all the Injectors ohms at 11.1 (+/-.3) and dozens of other diagnostics specs, then you could move on**

Take this as your first FLAME, and in the future, you'll understand all this and you get to FLAME on noobies that want a Twin Turbo Ka24de producing 750hp and does a quarter mile in 8.5 seconds.

Almost everything is possible, but is it plausible, reasonable, economical, logical, actual, relevant, or just TALK?

FrankDukes is offline   Reply With Quote