View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 03:59 AM   #86
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAKU View Post
For the people who have de-powered their racks, what size wheels/tires do you run?

I currently have 17x8 +35's on the front with 225/45 tires, I want to make sure the larger width tire and wheel, as well as a lower offset won't significantly increase steering effort BEFORE I de-power my rack.
It doesn't change that much, I've run 17x8.5 +20 and 18x10 +0 fronts with and without the power steering, and the wheel size doesn't change much. Wider tires will change how it feels, but overall effort is more dependent on camber (cause you only 'feel' it when you're stopped/going really slow).

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifterdave View Post
im gonna be looping my lines, in a couple of days, ever since my ps pump has been failing, i dont really put ps fluid in it, but iam gonna be using my car just for drifting, and i really only like the car with out power steering. when i do put fluid in my car i cant stand driving it, and when i do slide my car, i almost always over counter, and but when i dont have power steering i have no problems at all, is anyone else like this? or does any one like drifting without power steering? cuse i do! but i think im gonna try and pick up another rack and start on this project.
You didn't put fluid in your pump, and now it's failing. Your car is used "only" for drifting, and you're going to depower the rack? I don't know a single person that actually drifts their car (at events and such) that prefers (or would even drive with) a depowered rack. It's dumb - you CANT counter fast enough for a real initiation, and fuck trying to initiate with the ebrake when it takes two hands on the wheel to swing it... even with my hydro mounted right next to the wheel, it just wasn't happening. Don't handicap yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Has anyone on here with an Unorthodox pulley done the DOHC single belt conversion? I am just trying to figure out what would be the best belt size to use.
Ewwww, KA questions are icky.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote