View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #45
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysstarion View Post
Haltech... That is $1500-$2000+ (that doesn't include a custom harness for the car)
Just to clarify, you don't need a custom harness for the Haltech. They make a patch harness that allows the Haltech unit to plug right into the factory harness and use all the factory sensors. With the patch harness comes the harness for the IAT and MAP sensors. There are provisions to add other controls as well. Depending on what Haltech unit you go with, you're looking at $1300-$1700, plus the patch harness cost. You can buy a flying lead harness, but I only see that necessary if installing in a custom chassis, or a custom swap situation.

Like stated, Steve is merely pointing out an issue he has ran into. Having a maximum of 3 allowable addresses and 5 ID's does hinder potential secondhand purchaser's. Perhaps the new customer should have to transfer the license into their name (secondhand purchaser) for a minimal fee that allows them to reset the license procedure and have 3 fresh addresses and 5 new ID's available to them for use. This will protect Nistunes assets, and allow the new customer the chance for full access to their system if the first owner has used all the available addresses and ID's.