View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 01:19 PM   #94
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky_180 View Post
saw it, has so much good information in it. positive and negative. no where does it say a single person has died from cannabis, smoking or edibles; not a single case.
People dont die from smoking cigarretes, they die from the effects it causes. Just like alcohol, there are far more alcohol related ACCIDENTS then people who die from consuming too much alcohol. Sure it happens but not nearly as much as the accidents. And marijuana would fall into this catagory from what I can see from the in the chart VV

Quote:
"All Illicit Drug Use, Direct and Indirect 17,000"
Otherwise it would be like separating the deaths from Beer vs. Liquour. Just a waste of time and energy. Marijuana is an illicit drug.

And to back up earlier talking about the harmful ingredients in both tobacco and marijuana... A study conducted by Berkeley on carcinogenic substances.

1) Marijuana contains tar when smoked just like cigarettes. The only difference is the amount, if a person were to smoke just the bud of the marijuana they would consume roughly 33% of the amount of tar.

(This means marijuana STILL contains TAR just like tobacco)

2) Marijuana smokers do not smoke anywhere near as much as tobacco smokers, due to the psychoactive effects of cannabis. However over time the need or dependancy on the drug increases and larger quantities are consumed similiar to that of tobacco products.

I don't feel like copying and pasting everything but they also found some benefits that I believe were stated earlier...

12) Cannabis, unlike tobacco, does not cause any narrowing of the small air passageways in the lungs. In fact my actually help clear the lungs.

22) Only one case of lung cancer has ever been successfully linked to marijuana use.