View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 11:28 AM   #2244
clark
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
clark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie Fraz View Post
Ok, here is my personal opinion on the subject. I am guessing that by "tie bars" you are talking about strut tower braces and chassis bracing. In my opinion you should not have adjustment points/heims on your chassis bracing. They should be solid like mine(Stealth-Custom-Fab), Carbing, Ultra Racing...ect. Adjustments do allow you to not have to worry about being precise in fabracation, but they allow movement. With heims you can get movement in all directions because that is the nature of the joint.
Gold standard would be welding in a cage, silver would be bolt in solid chassis stiffeners, bronze would be bolt in adjustable chassis bracing. Adjustable is better than nothing, but not the best by any means.
Hope this helps.
i was hoping you'd see this. thanks for the input, now i'm having second thoughts i still might play around to see what i'm capable of.
clark is offline   Reply With Quote