View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 12:18 PM   #56
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by aziankingz View Post
A while ago i used to live next door with a family with a rott. When i flinch or walk around them (this dog was growling at me) the owners would say he just wants to play and would never hurt anything or anyone; next thing you know, i see a dead cat stripped to pieces a few months later in their backyard. Of course, the owners ignored it and thought it was fine, until it bit their little 3 year old girl.. game over.. never saw that dog again.. the owners could have avoided it, but they were ignorant and thought, it was just a cat - nothing too serious..
The problem is you don't know the circumstances in which the child was bit. I can tell you for a fact I have been biten by a dog and it was mostly my fault. I can tell you that I have infact instigated the animal by toying around with it, even if not intentional. Especially children, they have no concept of when is enough and how far is too far. That goes for all dogs not just pitbulls or so called "violent" dogs. Cats kill birds and mice all the time, they also scratch and bite does that mean we should be worried about them? The fact is all of these animals have been "domesticated" even the violent ones.