View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 11:15 PM   #23
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Ok...so it took me a little longer then expected to get to these. I was up in Gloucester Saturday through today and we got a lot accomplished. It should be interesting to see how quickly this all goes.

Saturday:

On the way up:

Those straps on the front of the car are pieces of shit and we had to stop on the way and replace them with a much better strap, haha.

When I got there I finished ripping out the rest of the interior - at this point everyhting was out but the dash/door panels and carpet.

Danny took these shots while Raz and I were dealing with the dash -

The pile of shit from the interior:

This is what it looks like without the dash:

They shove so much shit in there it isn't funny. I meant to take a picture after I ripped all of the stuff out but it'll have to wait until next weekend now.

Danny doing work:

Hmm...there's a lot less stuff in here then there was

This is what the strut towers look like once the glue shit is removed from all of the seams:

This is what they look like stitch welded:

After the dash was out I noticed all of the shit attached to it would interfere with my wire tuck plans...

I removed it all and it left a whole lot more room available.

This little removable cover will make a perfectly accessible fuse box

Sunday:

I woke up and drove 30 mins to get some dry ice (no place sells it in Gloucester so I had to go into Hampton). We started on the sound deadening material and got most of it removed....all thats left are some patches on the rear seat back area.

While Eric and I works on that (and 'dry ice bombs') Danny and Raz were working on bending the bars for the cage.

The main hoop came out super fucking tight, just like we wanted it (we're using 1.5" 0.125 tubing). A few spots on the inside of the car were hammered in to fit it, but it fits like a glove! Obviously, it is just sitting there in these pictures so it will not look 100% right in some of the pictures.

The front hoops fit as tight as possible as well:

I have to bring my seat up there before we can do the door bars. I am trying to figure out what to do in order to keep my door panels. The panels are thick as fuck, and I am willing to cut them, but I would prefer for the cutting to occur under the elbow rest area...I'm not too sure if that will be possible.

That's all from this weekend. It is difficult to take pictures and work on the car at the same time, haha.

In my blog you can see the full sized versions (900X600) of the images in this post.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote