View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #23
Gah....It's Too LOUD!!!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gah....It's Too LOUD!!! is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4le View Post
Here in Tennessee we dont have a Db limit. Now that isnt a good thing because that gives us nothing to argue. It is up to officers descrison by law. One of my friends got a ticket in a fully stock (stock exhaust) srt-4. Now sure you can hear their exhaust as it basically is strait out aside from their turbo, cat, and resonator. I do believe he got off the hook in court because he was able to explain that it came from the factory this loud and is 50 states legal ect.

I got a ticket in one of my old s13s for exhaust. The exhaust was 50 states legal meaning each of the 50 states agreed that it does not make too much noise, however this cop though differently about it. I had a friend that has a muffler shop write me a receipt for a muffler installed on the car. Then went to court and the cop listened to the car running and said it sounded much better, we went into the court house and the cop said it was fixed and I then said nothing was changed and here is the 50 states legal documentation on the current muffler I have always had on the car. Cop looked like a dumbass.

Now I need to knock on some wood, but my really loud drift car, obnoxious looking and all (for the town I live in) I have never been pulled over for any reason and I dont know how that is.
Well it sounds alot better after you tagged the wall a couple of weeks ago....j.k
Gah....It's Too LOUD!!! is offline   Reply With Quote