View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 06:15 AM   #67
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
You can't decide that a part of the picture is to touchy for you to talk about. The issue is multifaceted and you can't ignore the parts you don't like.

It is about the culture, religion, and countries. It is about having a towering mosque right next to your house with the fact that you can't do it in their country.

I know no body wants a mosque tower next door. That is a huge part of the issue. If you don't want one of these towers next to your house you really need to reevaluate your argument.

If those in control truly want peace it will happen. The trouble is when people want the utter annihilation of their supposed enemy. There is no meet in the middle with extremist Islam, you convert or die. When the governments of Iran and Saudi Arabia go around funding mosques and towers that support extremism and terrorism in other countries there will be no peace.

Your reaction to this is bordering on hilarity to me. You refuse to actually talk about the issue but are very willing to tell me I'm wrong. I get that you are shocked and disappointed but why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
The call to prayer is broadcast outside, with massive loud speakers. Why would you need to broadcast it inside the mosque? Or even better, why build a tower to do so. Along with the call to prayer they also play speeches meant to get you to convert.

The gangs and crazy crimes happen all over the world on a regular basis. It doesn't make the news in places that are used to it happening so you don't here about it as much as you would think. You see it on the news here(and in western Europe) because people are very shocked by the crimes.

I think banning the towers sends a clear message as to what type of behavior will not be accepted in Switzerland. While the rest of the western world try's to deal with these crimes and customs from a western frame of mind the Swiss are taking it head on in a way their culture gets. I don't think assimilation is their goal.
I decided to quote both your posts because they harp on the same crazy type of bullshit anyway.

So, where to begin:

To be quite frank, you're ignorant.

I've never heard of the Adhan broadcast on public PA outside of the Islamic countries. Actually, wait, I think there may be a mosque in Paris that does it. But don't quote me on that.

In any case, all the mosques in Switzerland broadcast the Adhan indoors. That's a fact.

Also, as odd as this sounds, I actually have lived next-door to a mosque before.

I can think for worse things to live next door to.

Like: airports, nuclear power plants, prisons, hosptials, oil refinaries, freeways, or ore smelters.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't really give a flying fuck if I live next to a church, synagogue, temple, or a mosque. Or any other house of worship.

But that's all neither here nor there.

Your posts illustrate an underlying current of xenophobia, ignorance, anger, and a lack of logic.

Your education regarding Islam, the Middle East, and Europe is severely lacking.

For one, you seem to link every Muslim with some crazy Wahhabist extremist or Shi'ite fundamentalist. Although I doubt very much that you know what the distinction between the two is, not to mention their respective histories.

At the same time you failed to recognize that the majority of the 400,000 Muslims in Switzerland are war refugees from Bosnia and Kosovo.

If you were informed, you'd know that Balkan Muslims share a culturally distinct history from the Arab, Sunni Arab Muslims, as well as the Iranian Shi'a Muslims, a composite of which you seem to base your Muslim-terrorist caricature on.

Nobody every denied that there are extremist individuals and groups within the Muslim community. You can find those in every religious/social/cultural demographic.

But your fantasy that all Muslims are expansionist, totalitarian, intolerant, despots that must be stopped before they overrun the rest of the world is inaccurate, misguided, ridiculous, and offensive.

Last edited by HalveBlue; 12-02-2009 at 06:37 AM..
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote