View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 08:10 AM   #81
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by zylvia213 View Post
what i require from my kids as far as rules and stuff like that is. Kids are not stupid they know what is right from wrong
I'm going to disagree with you here. You can't assume that kids can read your mind. I can't even read your mind.

The worst thing in the world is getting beat up for something you never knew was wrong. Maybe a warning with explanation/clarification would be ok, but senseless beating after the fact with no previous warning builds nothing but resentment.

You cannot expect your views and interpretation to be the only valid ones. Language itself is imprecise and a lot of communication is tacit.

For example, what is "respect"? If I were your child, what would you want me to do and NOT do to show "respect"?

If I'm just minding my own business and not bother anyone, will I get beaten for being "disrespectful"?
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote