View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #85
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
On the other hand, I can understand why kids seem to act out more nowadays.
It's not that they are more hyper, they just don't have a way to get the energy out. Of course doctors love to diagnose every other kid with ADD now to make money off prescribing pills, but just a couple of decades ago there was no such thing as 'ADD,' it was normal human behavior.
I remember that living in the suburbs from when I was 12 until I got my license felt like a prison. I would skate places when I could, but if I wanted or needed to go anyplace farther, I was completely dependent on my parents. It especially felt terrible because up until then I was used to living in Europe where I could walk or take public transport to anywhere I wanted.
Plus everyone is paranoid about child molesters and kidnappers nowadays, so kids spend their days locked inside the house. And while yes, it is true that the parents should take them out and help them be active, fact is that parents also have to 'entertain' their kids much more then they used to, due to the increasingly sedentary lifestyle. And I also know that tweens/early teens don't really want to do activities with their parents, they would much rather roam around with their peers.
You can't really blame just the kids or the parents, the whole lifestyle is messed up.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote