View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #59
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Ah you really are showing that you don't know what your talking about. The Z is not that expensive at 30k in fact you can get them below that. I would also say that if you think its catering to middle aged people you are clueless. It caters to people that what a good sports car that performs well for a reasonable price in comparision to the cost of Porsches and whatnot.
On top of that the car that Nissan pushes towards the BMW Mercedes crowd is the G35/G37 not the 350 or the 370. Get your facts straight if you're going to make this argument.

Oh wait you will probably say a Porsche caters to middle aged people as well because of its price? Get a clue. Just because you cannot afford a Z does not mean its catering to a older crowd.

Now on the other side for the money you spend on a Genesis you could buy a used 350 for half the price and it will be just as nice and pretty much a better car.

So that argument flies out the window as well. Unless you just want to buy a ugly car that weighs the same but cost almost twice as much as a used 350 at this time.

Now getting back on to the topic, Nissan does not need to compete with the Genesis. Its not selling that well its not setting records. Its not that amazing. Nissan will produce a 240sx/Silvia replacement because they feel its needed for the market segment.
The FT86 will prod them into this long before they worry about anything Hyundai produces. LOL

Oh and your 4 seater comment LOL give me a break. Our cars may have 4 seats but they hardly qualify as 4 seater. Rear seats that do not fit more than small children do not count as a true 4 seater.
MSRP for a 2009 350z is in the 30's I don't care if you can get them for lower than that, I'm just looking at numbers.

You live in hollywood, look at 80 percent of the people driving these cars and I guarantee you that they are over the age of 28. The kids that do own one are driving ones that are at least 5 years old. This thread is about NEW cars, not used cars. Sure you can get an older 350z for way cheaper I figured that much.

For the most part I'd say a porsche and other cars that are in the 30's and 40's in price are catered more towards the middle aged crowd cuz well, that's who has the money to buy them. Wake up and smell the coffee bro, there are a bunch of teenagers/20 year olds running around in 20 thousand dollar srt-4's, wrx's, civic SI's but not very many driving around in a brand new 370/g37 or at least a porsche for that much lmao..you think infiniti has ass warmers in their seats so the 21 year olds will buy their car? lol

I don't know how the Genesis will sell but the fact is, Hyundai produced a somewhat light-er turbocharged RWD platform for around 22K. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Hyundai was trying to produce something along the lines of the silvia would be in competition IF Nissan decided to produce another 240/silvia.

and s-chassis's are 4 seaters...that's a fact, just because you can't comfortably fit anything larger than an infant baby back there doesn't mean they AREN'T 4 seaters.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote