View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 12:16 AM   #93
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
I find it completely funny that you think the 350 or the 370 are ugly but love the Genesis. Seeing as the Genesis bites off the whole 350 and G35 design and does it worse. LOL

I don't know why you find that so hard to believe...i mean people find different things appealing. for me, i like the design of the genesis better than that of the 350z/370z and the fact that it's from an underdog company makes it more appealing to me. The g-lineup is different. i love how they look. the g37 coupe is something i'd pay 35k-40k for...the 370? not so much. the infiniti brand has nice designs IMO. Nissan? eh, the altima coupe, and the new maxima that's about it...oh and the cube's grown on me too I've never really been a fan of the Z chassis. well i take that back the ones from the 70's i like but that's about it. yeah performance wise they kick ass...other than that they're just butt ugly.
I even think the new GTR is ugly-the headlights look like a rip-off of the altima/350. i don't care how well it's engineered it's oooogly to me...i'd take the r34 over that any day.

the problem i have is that all the cool stuff never makes it to america. so the whole "this company knows how to make a sportscar" argument doesn't really mean a whole lot to me. what good is it if most of the fun features of that sports car know-how is only available in japan...or more accurately available to every other country but the U.S.? i wouldn't be surprised if this toybaru ft-thingamabobber gets totally bastardized in the U.S. market. say what you will about the genesis, i like the fact that hyundai went out on a limb with it. Might not have gotten it totally right, but i can get the turbo track edition that comes with the brembos, HID's, and leather for under 30k. and for me, the warranty is a big deal because i like having that assurance. so yeah, it's a car i would consider. Not a fanboy or anything cuz if i was i'd be like calling ppl names over this shit lol...just saying.
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote