View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 12:38 PM   #53
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Figured I'd add to this and quote something I write up a while ago. No pictures but whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Figured out I'll hook you all up with some tips/tricks on how to make your car less retarded in the wheel fitment category.

The PROPER way to do it is:

All work is done with a Eastwood fender roller.

1. Clean out the fender and lip that will be rolled.

2. Make sure you don't need to extend the coilover/disconnect it from the shock if your car is too low.

3*. Place blue painters tape around the area that will be rolled.

4. Heat the area that will be rolled to 120f~

5. With a Decent amount of angle in the roller head start slowly applying pressure to the lip so it can start to be pushed it.

6. Once the lip is up, straighten out the head.

7. Slowly start rolling from left to right, and adjust the roller in 1/4 increments. If you roll too fast, you might buckle the area around your roll.

8. Once finished, find a way to measure the angle of the roller.

9. Repeat on other side to the same angle of the other side and remove the painters tape.

10. Fuck bitches.

*Though I say to use painters tape while heating it to 120, I haven't tried burning the tape on the paint, "duh". But it will work and help control damage to the paint as long as you do as I say. The tape can also indicate if you are heating any particular area up too much by the tape starting to distort.

BONUS!!!

Since everyone is in SO much need to use the newspaper shit, what you are supposed to do is already have your fenders rolled.

1. With the rear off the ground, disconnect the rear shock.

2. Place 1/4in of a playboy mag, tranny's weekly, newspaper, whatever you have, all around the top of the tire.

3. Jack the wheel up/lower the car with the shock disconnected.

4. Lower jack and check for clearance.

5. Add more newspaper if fit isn't satisfactory.

6. Do same on other side.

7. Proceed to fuck more bitches.