View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 01:41 PM   #104
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
There is plenty of room for this car to slot into Nissan's line-up. If it is going effect any sales it would be the Altima coupe which will be closer in price. The Altima coupe currently doesn't even cut into the Z's sales. Which it shouldn't because it's only similar in the sense that it is a coupe.

IMO the way they need to market the new SX is to make it low HP, light, and inexpensive. Alsmost exactly what Toyota's formula is with the FT86.

Price wise it needs to start at $19,900, and option out at $26-$27k. Maxed out that should be with lsd, nav (if they make that an option which I think Nissan would with their inexpensive NAV options they are going with in the future), Aero, leather, etc etc. A sport/track model should be around $23-$25k. That is the sweet spot.

HP should be around 200-240 dpeending on weight. If the thing weighs in at 2500lbs (I know that's a long shot) then 200hp wouldn't be that bad.

This car wouldn't even come close to cutting into the Z's sales at that point.

Plus the SX should be more of a barebones "sports" car to further differentiate itself from the Altima Coupe and Z.

Look, I'm no industry expert but once you break it down there's plenty of room for all three cars to exist if they are marketed right and they all stand out as different entities. Which I think Nissan has the ability to do correctly.

And lets not forget, when the SX originally came here Nissan was on the verge of bankruptcy. They are FAR from that now which only proves they have the capability to pull this off.
Just today regarding the FT-86. My pricing breakdown for the SX doesn't sound so crazy now does it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Update on the FT-86.

REPORT: Track-focused, budget-oriented Toyota FT-86 on the way — Autoblog

Quote:
The latest issue of EVO hasn't dropped into our laps yet, but our favorite Brit pub apparently got the scoop on another variant of the Toyota FT-86 -- one that's supposedly track tuned and considerably cheaper than the model due to arrive in 2011.

Powered by the same Subaru-sourced, Toyota-tuned boxer four, this supposedly stripped out variant could dispatch some of the standard model's amenities and come equipped with upgraded brakes and suspension components specifically designed for track work and drifting duty. According to EVO, a fully optioned FT-86 would carry a price tag of around $27,000, while this budget-oriented performance model will retail for around $22,000 -- a similar setup to the Hyundai Genesis Coupe RSpec.
This is almost what I've been saying all along as far as price for this car and also where the new SX should fit in.

It's the perfect price range for these cars.