View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #74
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
I've kinda kept it to myself for quite some time now, but i am really curious now as to why you have such distaste for my car? please don't get me wrong it doesn't bother me much, i just want to understand the mindset of people who start hate threads on my car on different forums and such, and to be frank i dont feel like signing up on other forums and the easiest way is to ask you. I understand its cool to hate on things that are popular, especially when the people making it so popular are of questionable intelligence, however i sense (from your other posts) that you are intelligent enough not to hate on something just because its cool to do so. so please, if it's not too much trouble - enlighten me.
it's a beater s30 that looks like shit, and you're doing nothing to restore it. instead, you've turned it into a low rider.
s30's are sports cars, and it bothers me when one is modified to be a show piece that cannot perform as intended. this enormous-rims-almost-touching-fenders-but-not-quite trend takes decent sporty cars and makes them worthless on the street or track by compromising their suspension geometry for the most enormous rims they can stuff into the wheel wells, with no care for proper camber. this kind of crap belongs on cars that were sloppy to begin with, not something that was built to be driven and enjoyed.
but what REALLY bothers me is how something so shoddy looking is being treated as a show car. rat rods have always had their place, but now it seems the well thought out, restored, glossy cover car is dead, because it's so much cheaper and easier to see who can make the shittiest looking car, and that's not something our community or any, eventually, can sustain. if everybody were buying up Z's and letting them turn into buckets, we'd quickly run out of Z's. same for the s chassis, although their main enemy is a light post or street sign and amateur driving.
i'll cap this with the classics It's Nothing Against You and I Can Appreciate The Workmanship, But. obviously it takes some work to cram enormous wheels into wells with such precision, and make it sit with a stance that does, granted, look pretty cool. and i believe i read you have plans to paint it, but, right now, people aren't looking at it and going "oh man, this is going to look cool when it's painted", they're going "oh man, rusty shit is fucking sweet". this car (currently) represents two trends that i absolutely despise, and wish would go away in favor of something, ANYTHING, that would make fanboys start using the phrase "function over form" again.