View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 02:49 PM   #191
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
So having it flat in the front and nearly flat in the back is ideal?
Basically you want it just under your center of gravity. I think what Def is saying is that the rear arms don't need to be corrected as much because they don't go to such extreme angles like the front ones do.

I'm pretty sure having both front and rear angled slightly up is ideal. The center of gravity on these cars is pretty low, but not low enough to warrant flat arms.

Anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'll edit this post afterward. The reason I edit my posts is because I don't want to have any misinformation in this thead. Sometimes people don't read through things all the way and get the wrong ideas, and I don't want that happening here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
you definitely don't need to modify suspension pick up points or steering angle or even give a shit about roll center to do drifting

90% of the people looking to do these mods still don't have the driver skill to require them
SoSideways said it already, but we know this. I think what carparthookup was saying was that the newbies should check this stuff out first, because bottom line, your car will function better with these kind of suspension setups.

It doesn't take any more skill to use a better-functioning suspension.

I can see what you're saying about the angle mods, because they DO take more skill to use.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote