View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 03:59 PM   #9
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
S13 curtis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho 240 Freak View Post
Good looking build so far. I can't wait to see how this turbo will do. Where you at in Korea and how much longer do you have?
Im here until october then i will come back to the states. Im in daegu Area 4. the car shouls be ready to hit the dyno as soon as i can find a new pressure plate. as for my intercooler pipeing im thinking about going 2.5 on the hot side a 3 inch on the cold side along with the SSQV mounted beforethe throttle plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpdElemts View Post
Nice parts...i cant wait to see the turbo mounted with the special exhaust housing. Thinking about using the same housing. Please post some pictures of how close the wastegate is to the shock tower.
Will do as soon as it gets mounted up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaraholic View Post
Wouldn't a GT2871r w/ a GT3071r compressor wheel be the same as a GT2876r? Which I heard is a poor match because the compressor wheel is too big for the turbine. (I'm not 100% sure on this, but just throwing it out there)
Nope, It dosent turn it into a GT2876r, its still a GT2871r, GT3071r and GT2871r have the same exact compressor wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
Why not go with a T2 flanged turbo that has a bigger turbine wheel if you really want to make more power.

I might have just gone GT2876R as well, since IIRC it flows a bit more up top than even the big E cover on the 56 trim 71mm wheel.
I decided to just work with what i had and just upgrade the 2871R, my origional plans were to do a .63 T3 backside and have it top mounted but i changed plans jus to make it easier for my buddy working on it.

Last edited by S13 curtis; 01-08-2010 at 04:32 PM..
S13 curtis is offline   Reply With Quote