View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 04:06 PM   #52
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (60)
garagelu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmx269 View Post
I know this post is old, but I am trying to get more info on the head modifications for the oil feed. I have blown my S14 SR at Irwindale during the FD Proam Finals, and decided to go the S13 block for added convenience in the future, if any engine problems were to occur at the track. S13 blocks are easy to come by.

All pics of the oil feed setup and or anything you can provide will help. Thanks.

-Trent
On the oil pressure source for the timing chain tensioner, all you have to do is take both the s13 and s14 head into the machine shop and tell them to replicate the hole in the s13 head onto the s14 head. Make sure they do it on a bridgeport so they can get it dead on.

And make sure they don't rape you on price. I think I paid 30-40 dollars to do this. After all, they are just drilling a hole. It takes a few minutes to set the position on the brideport but after that, its simple.

And just FYI, my setup is still running stronger than ever and still extremely reliable. The only problem I seem to have is a tiny coolant leak that I haven't tracked down but looks like its coming from under the intake manifold.
garagelu is offline   Reply With Quote