View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 02:25 PM   #15
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
With other cars (like my FD) there's a good reason to avoid overfenders - the stock body already 'looks' aggressive/wide... these cars look better with stock bodies lightly rolled and pulled.

With my S13 and later S14, the wide fenders make the car. I ran 18x10 +0 / 18x12 +0 and made the body to fit with modded Dmax rears and modded AIT fronts, and it came out aggressive as fuck. There's certainly something to be said for a clean stock body car, but I was extremely pleased with how wild and unique mine was (neither of which can be had with stock fenders).

If I had a pristine S-chassis and wanted to keep my wheels/tires around 9.5", I'd certainly do what Wayne did and run a little roll and pull for the super clean look - his car looks fantastic. Since most S-chassis cars are beat, people have no problem spending ~$200 on some nice clean fenders. My problem is with people that run overfenders, then spacers to get their craptastic 18x8 et35 wheels to meet the fenders - like Koguchi did. That shit is homo and rice IMO.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote