View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 10:17 AM   #104
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullRaceGeoff View Post
later this year you are going to see a LOT of interesting developments in the turbocharging world - turbo technology will make a huge leap forwards

i suggest your friends stock RB get a set of tomei poncams or hks 264 - its a HUGE benefit to have these in for the dyno, and they work just fine on stock head/valvesprings/shims. I would think he will have enough fuel with that setup, but dont really know for sure - maybe would be a good idea to make sure you are watching the fuel pressure gauge during the dyno runs
Yeah, thanks for the heads up. I have tried to get my 2 friends with RBs to do some sort of a mild cam (the one has a Greddy IM), but neither of them are willing/want to do it....it's a really easy install, especially if you aren't touching the valves/springs.

I am just worried, bc the "rule of thumb" I've read is that 2 similar pumps in series flows only about 20% more than the smaller pump.

Both pumps are 255 lph....so that's roughly 300 lph....he will probably be okay, I just don't want to see (Jeff) Evans have to stop short of the maximum possible output bc my buddy was too lazy/cheap to do a proper fuel setup...

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote