View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #639
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
I spent a few hours on the car today and got the FLCAs, knuckles, and the tie rod assemblies installed on the car, as well as the HICAS rack.

My preliminary report is that, my tie rod assemblies turned out to be about 1/8" longer than where the stock tie rods that were already on the HICAS rack.

I installed them with the supplied extra angle spacers and no lock plate, as well as only the 1" spacers (not both of the 1" spacers for a total of 2" of spacing).

So far, I have some pretty severe toe in going on, and I only have the 1" spacers on each side installed. Once I install the other 1" spacers to bring the total spacing to 2" per side, it might make the situation worse.

At this point, I can either make the tie rod ends work for the Z32 tie rods by having the machine shop mill the turn buckles and rod ends down half an inch. That should shorten the tie rod assemblies down to where I can actually adjust for toe out if I wanted to.

Or...

I can switch to the Tein Z33 tie rods w/ the extra angle spacers. That would be the least expensive way to fix the length issue.

However, that might turn a few people that are interested in my tie rod ends to change their minds, since they have the Tein S-chassis tie rods already.

I will keep everyone updated when I am able to pick up the longer bolts needed so I can install the other 1" spacers so I can make another assessment of what the assembly will look like at that point.

These damned tie rod ends are gonna cost me a fortune at the end of the day lol
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote