View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #55
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4y0u View Post
and i want to clarify with Enthalyp there is no sending and re sending...Martin gives you a base tune and then you can change(if needed) with an s-afc(which i have now) or you can data log it and send the file. he makes corrections and mails you replacement chips with no down time on your end.
to break it down. i got my ecu which already had an Enthalpy tune in it.i sent it to them and he set it up for my parts, mailed it back to me and i have had it since. When ever i change some thing MAJOR i let him know, he burns the chips, overnights them to me and i return the old ones. NO DOWN TIME!
so its not a "custom" tune but its a custom tune for me. i might make some final adjustments with my afc but that would be for the weather at most.
i cant believe how well some one who has never seen my car or my parts can make me a tune and have it work.
im sure that most of the parts these days are with in a certain amount from each other. ie: greddy intake manifold and a Freddy intake manifold are probably pretty close to being the same thing. so once you have made a working/usable tune its close for everyone...but when happens when you throw in a curve ball like, bigger cams, injector sizes, turbo ar, throttle body sizes???
i am running 850cc injectors which is larger then what most people run...but that wasnt an issue

i know this all stuff that MOST people already know about the tunes but what the hell, figured i would be some what informative in this thread.
My guess is that they have shop cars where they can just swap in X cams and tune it and use that for comparison.

I am sure it's not just a blind guess, they have something very similar to go off of.

I mean, changing cams takes literally like 2 hours or less, and the benefit of it for them is massive....

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote