View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 10:00 AM   #90
HemiCharger
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4le View Post
codayce:
Allot of the reason my power kept climbing is mostly due to the e85 and how I can safely keep throwing timing at it even at higher rpms. Im running 35* in the upper right of my timing map! Most gas sr's will not respond well to lots of timing up top and you are cut off on timing kinda early on gas sr's. I remember a dyno graph from australia (I may even be able to find it) where a fellow was running a stock t25 on a e85 sr and was making around 250 DD whp. The graph was SICK!

I also tend to think that there is an added theoretical compression. Im running an actual air fuel ratio of 8:1 under boost, so there is much less room for air in the cylinder than if I were running gas and at a 12:1 afr. Also, most of the fuel is now a high energy vapor that mixes well with the air. When it sprays into the IM and head it vaporizes allowing it to mix better.

What dyno were you tuning on? A DD will allow you to simulate any street condition. It also allows you go hold it at any rpm you want. DD is the best tool for tuning period.

And the knock sensor on a pfc is not a high quality listening device either. Stock ecu tuning allows for the same exact feature, Its just most of us turn it off.
A Dyno Jet and yes e85 would be the way to go if you can get it in your area. I tuned my car on shell 93 v power and that is all I really can run with it. Differences in gas can make a big difference in the way our cars perform. E85 is for sure the way to go but I just can not get it here and that sucks maybe in a few years. Another thing too is you guys have built motors and I am running the stock bottom end. It has held together quite nicely but I would not really like to throw 400+whp at it and watch it die eventually.

I know to learn many of you guys have blow your motors up for fun but I do not want to watch a 3 grand sr motor grenade in front of me. They have come down a lot but that is what I paid 3 years ago.
HemiCharger is offline   Reply With Quote