View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #143
mattsil80wis
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
mattsil80wis is making a name for him/her selfmattsil80wis is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspaeth View Post
If you read up and do research, you are fine.

Gotta have proper stuff (knock sensor that oyu know works, wideband, laptop, etc.)

Make small changes, check, etc.

In terms of "light load" portion of the map, there isn't a whole lot you can mess am.

I am on a MAP sensor, so top part of the map (negative pressures) are not going to have a flow much different than OEM, so I am using OEM-ish timing....

I log AFR, divide it by target AFR, then scale the injector open time by that percent.

Iterate, more data, check.

Compared to when my car was "tuned" professionally, my AFRs are way 1) Smoother and B) leaner (in a good way, for economy) than they were when it came off being tuned.

Before, the AFRs were all over the place from cell to cell, now they are pretty damn smooth
its comments like this that i actually like coming on to this forum for...where ppl say intelligent information that help ppl with what they need

maybe when i become a baller ill buy a standalone and let you tune it

ps where in s jerz you from? im from hackensack (also have a house by seaside heights) we gotta meet up sometime
mattsil80wis is offline   Reply With Quote