View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 10:36 AM   #728
sonomadrifter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
sonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the rough
All of these companies seemed to have opened their doors to knuckle modification in the form of chopping the tie rod end arm and shortening/lowering/moving to gain response, angle and/or reduce bump steer.

What is the actual process past “get it hot, weld then cool it slow in sand”? Because I cant seem to find anything concrete on welding forged metal past that.

I have all the tools to do this myself but I don’t want this snapping on the freeway. I would gladly pay for the peace of mind of that not happening to a reputable company but if they don’t or wouldn’t do anything different in the process or structurally, I would like to keep the money and reduce the turn around time by doing it myself.

So what’s the deal? I’m not trying to copy someone’s idea, because I have my own, but like most people in college, I need to weight the situation.

Love this thread.
sonomadrifter is offline   Reply With Quote