Thread: JGY Customs
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 09:25 AM   #16
konjiki7

Trader Rating: (1)
konjiki7 is an unknown quantity at this point
It pays to search or ask!

In December 2009, I contacted Jgy about having an engine swaped from my car which had been wrecked to another car mainly to same time since I’m busy working and learning my new job.

I’ve order random things over the past 5yrs from Jason, so I trusted him and shipped my car to him ( I live in MD and Jgy is in VA). Per my multiple conversations with Jason, he would start on the car and I would send him payments (via my debit card) of $500+ twice a month while he was working on the car. He told me that when he had a final price, he would let me know. A friend visited JGY Customs and Jason had not done anything on my vehicle, nor did have an accurate invoice of what I wanted done to the vehicle. Understand that he continued to take my payments. I talked with Jason with the impression that I was going to see progress...

During the next 3 months, I continued to pay Jason and I continued my attempts to contact him. I could never get a hold of him and I was always told that Jason was busy and that they were speaking for him. He never had an explanation for why my car had not been worked on. I finally spoke with Jason and apparently they got behind on work because they left my 240sx out in the snow.(with out covering up the turbo or intake manifold or coolant ports… etc)

I began looking into JGY's reputation recently and they have had several complaints brought against them by customers through the better business bureau and rip-off report.

Multiple times they called me and asked that I have there paint guy paint the vehicle and their glass guy do work on the vehicle. I initially didn’t want any glass work done on the vehicle because I was looking to paint the vehicle down in Maryland.

I basically came down to them saying they won’t do any work on the car. Then I eventually agreed to have the glass work done. This lead to the dash in the car being broken by the glass guy. The guys at JGY called me and assured me that the glass company will replace the dash.

I called them back after a week to discover Jason had settle for a $150 dollars in cash from the glass company. When I looked online for a new dash for a 1997 240sx prices ranged from $1000-1500. I spoke with Jason and he assured me that a junk yard would have the dash for about that price. I said ok and dropped it. It’s now the mid April 2010. They called me and offered to sell me some other s14. Then they also called me and said that I can back out from the project all together with no losses. Shipping both cars back would leave me at complete loss…. They had plenty of objections and complaints but eventually agree after a few days of hour long discussions.

It now early May they put the engine in the car and they called me asking if my exhaust was for an s14 (1995-98 240sx). Some where along the line they forgot to mention there was a whole in the floor and I asked Jason to fix this since they didn’t mention all the flaws in the car I just purchased. Jason of coarse disagreed initially after a couple discussions he said he will weld the floor free of charge. This ended showing up on the invoice in the end. They also forgot to put the title in the car….They did agree to send it…Still fighting to have them overnight it since I took precious time off work to take car of title work and tags. After what others had went through with this shop I consider my self to be lucky to simple have the car.

Many other have went through similar experiences often worse then my own.

JGY Customs Review | Rip-off Report

http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/188028-jgy-customs.html

I will tell this one of the only business that will tell the customer they are wrong and try to force them into doing things their way.

Bottom line stay away and save yourself the trouble.
konjiki7 is offline   Reply With Quote