View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #89
Ghost240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Ghost240 is an unknown quantity at this point
From what I've seen in terms of tuning and etc with ANY drivetrain combo is availability of resources. Majority of the people on here can't afford to build an RB, SR, KA or etc. So they try to build on top of stock motors. And in terms of reliability power wise, the Rb and LSx have it. There is no replacement for displacement, no matter how volumetrically efficient you make your set up. It all boils down to the almighty dollar. The average build for an RB will cost 3-4K+ in parts and labor alone. Where as for the LSx you don't have to go to that extent.

And yes I know there are stock RBs (internals) doing 5XX+ hp with turbo, fuel and etc. But how many of you are willing to risk not knowing when it is going to blow? or the rebuild cost?

When you take it all into consideration it boils down to what can you afford? Can you do it right and build it or can you build it up and chance it? I don't see too many people on zilvia being patient and paying the costs inorder to do shit right the first time.

And on that note....I myself used to own a 98 TA. Loved it, and it was fun. The LSx series motors are simply amazing. Many supercar companies use it as a blueprint or a powerplant to build on. that says alot. However, that motor isn't for me now or for MY 240. Say what you want, or will, but I want to see what the RB has in store. I don't see too many legit builds stateside, or tuned "properly" stateside.