View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 09:18 PM   #123
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb4_96 View Post
LSX seems to be the new trendy motor. First there was a few now they are all over it seems.. imo. Power wise whats the point? You have so much low down torque you might as well name your LS swapped 240 the sit and spin. Might as well go make friends at the tire shop because you'll be shooting them some nice bank just trying to dd your car. At least with a 4cyl turbo motor you have a little bit of lag to get your car moving before all hell breaks loose.

If i ever here there's no replacement for displacement ever again I'm going to call up all the F1 teams and let them know it's time to pack it in. They've had a good run but the LSX are here.

lol lsx is a great motor.. but most motors are or they wouldn't put them in cars they're going to sell to thousands of people(with few exceptions).

I guess i'm just tired of seeing them in 240's. I'd rather see something new and interesting. One more trick flow manifold in a 240 bay and i'll yak.
new? not new but definitely a lot more common
Luke was doing swaps into FDs years ago

personally I'm torn
I'm a nissan purist and frankly the thought of an American V8 in a
240 is somewhat repulsive
but logically I can't come up with a good argument against
as been mentioned, most of the people doing LS swaps
are people that have done NA and turbo builds and track their cars
sooner or later, cost and common sense takes over
imo people doing swaps because it's 'rare', uncommon or they want to be unique are idiots