View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #129
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
They are taking my rights away under the guise that they are protecting me from some outside threat. That is what is wrong.

I made no comment on the issue of how to determine some one's citizenship. I'm sure I could come up with some kind of solution though.
I'm sorry your friends were deported but I have nothing to do with that and you shouldn't take it out on me for simply disagreeing with you.

As an answer to your question I would say do a proper investigation. That means you do not punish some one through imprisonment before you know if they are legal or not. It also means you do not take a citizens rights away under suspicion that they are not citizens.

Personally when it comes to immigration I am in favor of letting pretty much every one in. Unless there is a documented reason you should not be here why not? They should give'm all amnesty and citizenship.

I'm sorry if that seems disjointed. My thoughts are going a mile a minute in all different directions.

Edit

Why does any one have to show proof of citizenship on request? This is the land of the free not some fascist police sate.

You assume who ever you are talking to is a law abiding citizen until they prove otherwise. You don't go around arresting every "suspicious" person you come across.

Edit #2

Shouldn't the burden of proof lie with the court not the accused. Let them prove that I am not a citizen before arresting me. What would I do, leave the country?