View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 06:23 PM   #137
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
My solution isn't all that different.

Reorganize immigration.
Allow those who want to come, with conditions.
They need to demonstrate they can speak the language with some degree of proficiency.
They need to prove they're productive members of society.
(proof of employment, credit score, no criminal record, etc).
Give positive preferential treatment to established/educated proffesionals in demand in our country.

Offer this at a reasonable cost, maybe $5k/head.
Better the needed money goes into our government's pocket than human traffickers.

Do not offer citizenship outright.
Offer a probabtionary work permit that monitors them for whatever duration deemed neccesary.
Tax them as would any other citizen.
Double taxes would just encourage tax evasion and/or illegal immigration, so I am not really for this.

What I'm not really comfortable about is immigrants sending a good portion of their income back to family/friends in their home country.
That simply can't be good for our economy.
(Would encourage inflation perhaps?)
Their finances should probably be more tightly regulated.

Agreed with health insurance.
Give them drivers licences if needed be and make damn well sure they get legit auto insurance.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote