View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 10:45 PM   #65
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
To be totally honest I don't care where or how you or any one else acquired there knowledge as long as it is sound and you have the ability to think critically.

I know that looks aggressive or harsh but that is not the intended tone. Just speaking frankly.
If your statement is true, then a community college could be just as good as Harvard, and just as good as somebody reading textbooks in the basement.

That's very Thoreau and I have no issues with that.

The problem is that statistically, people who have not been classically trained do not fully understand the basic concepts and terminology, or they may understand but cannot communicate.

These people tend to have a big problem expressing themselves and interacting with classically trained people. Notice how I'm like the only person in your corner in most of these threads? "normal" people just don't know what you're talking about.

In a perfect world knowledge can come from anywhere. In reality self-taught people can and do have some really good insights, but oftentimes these people also really miss the boat on some very fundamental concepts.

For every Bill Gates, you have thousands if not millions of other unemployed college dropouts.

Not speculations. Just facts.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote