View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 04:45 PM   #72
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Wow, one could garner an I am smarter than though attitude, in the statement above, just how you have written it.

Perhaps that is not what you meant?
Compare your comments with this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6civcx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Just because I haven't taken a bunch of BS classes at the local community college doesn't mean I have no background in it.
Step lightly here. If you want to know where people went to school and for how long, what they studied, etc., ask. Don't make assumptions.

There are more than a few people here who have attended top-rated universities in the country, if not the world.

Some of them are even posting in this thread.

How do I know what their background is? I asked them about it before.

Carry on.
Quote:
Though I am not aware of you having a background in economics
I did 1st year econ. I chose business and finance instead because the difference between the business school and the econ department is about $200 million.

Quote:
Though it is presumptuous on you part to assume the people responding in this thread are normal people. Do you know them personally?
Yes, I know about half of the people in this thread. We argue the same thing over and over and talk offline sometimes about the same thing.

You may not know me, but by "normal" I mean people who have classical training. This comment was not directed at any particular person because there is no such thing as being "normal".

It is well known that people who are self-taught tend to be a bit more eccentric and creative than classically trained people. This is not anything new.

If you're one or the other, or if you break the stereotype, it's no big deal. It just is.

Quote:
I also think quite a few people in this thread understand his concept of going with a Gold standard, it does not mean they have to agree with it or accept it.

They have also present very good arguments for why it is not feasible.

Some of us take an active interest in the economy and financial situations due to our own place in the world. Something you may not know of with out knowing us personally.
Al these things may be true. I don't know how to respond. Did you have a question for me?
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote