View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #6
djsilver

Trader Rating: (0)
djsilver is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
What would cause a your clutch to change engagement points? My clutch have a tendency to engage/disengage real low in the morning. When the car gets hot, it starts engaging/disengaging almost to the top and the clutch feels alot more stiffer. I've bled the line enough times, running a steel braided line straight from the mastercylinder to the slave. Brand new master and non leaking nismo slave. I dont think its a leak, it doesnt build up pressure or changes engagement point when I just sit there and pump it.

Any idea? Its not really affecting the car as far as causing any issue but its just annoying me.
Your pedal isn't releasing the master cylinder completely so you're building up pressure in the clutch line. When the pedal comes up and the return spring in the master cylinder returns the piston to rest, it pushes in a little release valve at the end of the piston that equalizes the pressure between the reservoir and the clutch line. I had that problem because the little flip-flop spring on the pedal was weak and wouldn't pick the pedal up completely. I attached an additional little return spring to the pedal and hooked it to something under the dash to pull the pedal up completely. That fixed the problem.
djsilver is offline   Reply With Quote