Thread: "Fair Tax"
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 02:40 PM   #15
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
We waged war on the Russians through the Afghans, and we're fighting some Afghans because of it.

I don't understand the idea behind the "fair tax." A "fair tax" would be one which provided us with defense (not in the form of a standing army) and limited government. This tax system does not promise that; instead it uses the same system of legalized theft and punishes the rich through their purchases rather than their earnings. Purchases will be made elsewhere, I guarantee that; I often buy from outside the state rather than inside to avoid paying the 8.75% sales tax, and cash can certainly help people forget about the Franchise Tax Board.

I take offense at the name; a tax is inherently unfair. This tax, which is welfare for the destitute, takes the unfairness to another level.

Stop paying your taxes if you find the current system so repugnant. Force change, don't ask for it. The government doesn't care, as long as you feed the leviathan. Stop feeding the leviathan, and the leviathan will shrivel and shrink.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote