View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 11:08 PM   #16
Yulaw

Trader Rating: (1)
Yulaw is an unknown quantity at this point
They will stop when the Toyota FT-86, Subaru rwd car, Nissan whatever-2door sports coupe, and any other cheap rwd cars come out. Plus the genesis will be even cheaper in the future (I don't know how well Hyundai holds their value). I give it 5 years until they start charging crazy prices for parts. For example, the AE86 still has a lot of aftermarket support, but finding stock parts like doors, fenders, gauge cluster, interior, etc is hard cause junkyards would rather sell these 20+ year old cars for scrap metal than keep them.

Also, the aftermarket support is going to open up for the new sports cars. 16 year old kids wouldn't want to buy a broken down 240 anymore when they have the option of a used 2000-2005 350z, subaru wrx, g35, and those other cars that high school kids love. I believe that the age range between 20-30 like these cars (240sx's, civics, etc). It's like how old guys like the old school muscle cars. People in their high 20's to 30's like the supra, rx7, datsun z's, and other cars of the 80's and 90's. and the younger generation likes the 350z's, evo, sti's, and all those other cars of the 2000's+.
Yulaw is offline   Reply With Quote