View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #3009
atutt
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerilousActs View Post
Yes, please. I haven't been able to find any prebent kits for s-chassis cars except for the brokedick racing and mazworx cages.
Perhaps I may bend up a few cages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor87 View Post
we just finished making some headers at work for a built na ls motor
fucking awesomesauce... Go Canada...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
if you can beat this price i'd buy one from you:

Enjuku Racing - Performance Parts and High Quality Fabrication

the plus about these is that enjuku is local...

and those headers are sexypants.
I'm assuming you are referring to the $600-ish ones?
I quoted someone $400 to bend and fit him a cage. He provided materials.
(He wanted to pay $80.....)

I could probably make a kit for $500-$600... Only downside is the shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddf2006 View Post
ok, im in the process of buying a fc rx7 shell (waiting on money) but i plan to buy a front clip and do a rhd conversion. And i would like to do the work myself and im deciding it i want a mig or a tig welder. and i wanted your opinion on which would be a more all purpose way for welding stuff like the firewall, or custom exhaust? and r there certain purposes that a mig can do better then a tig or vis versa.
Since you're asking this type of question I'm assuming you have little to no knowledge or experience...

based solely on that.. TIG is NOT for you especially since you're working with sheet metal.

MIG will eaily do you body work and your exhaust. Once you learn to MIG weld and become efficient at it.... Then I would suggest taking a TIG welding class. See if you like it. THEN buy a TIG...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazedGlory View Post
Perhaps I should rephrase that - an AC TIG welder would probably be a better all purpose machine, but for the things you listed a MIG would work well... and still be much cheaper and easier to learn with.
And AC TIG will NOT be a better all purpose machine in the hands of someone who is completely new to welding... They would end up spending more time and money buying consumables for all the mistakes they will make then they would actually spend welding.

An AC/DC TIG would be the ideal machine for someone with experience and knows what to expect.

Again, MIG is perfect for newbies...
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote